Vertiserum

Candycure Discography

I have nothing to say.

Deleted Avatar

Deleted
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Jan 16, 2022 8:26:50 GMT

Hit songs are Underlined

Beyond Memories (debut album) (December 2019)

1. One Night at a Time
2. Bottle's Bottom
3. Iron Will
4. Beyond Memories
5. Angry Memoirs
6. The Aftermath
7. Phillipe
8. Six Feet Underway

Strings of Fame (September 2020)

1. Private Puppeteers
2. When Beauty Expires
3. Flash of Movement
4. Dirt of the Grave
5. Song of Souls
6. Party Nights, Bitter Days
7. Strings of Fame
8. Rosalie
9. Leprechaun Gold (Vanished)

Album Title (November 2021)

** Original work by

I have nothing to say.

Deleted Avatar

Deleted
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Jan 16, 2022 8:28:55 GMT

SONG DESCRIPTIONS

Beyond Memories (debut album) (December 2018)

1. One Night at a Time
This song speaks mostly of living in the moment and taking this one night at a time. It's a bit of a flirty party song in terms of thematics that doesn't seem to have a very deep meaning to it. It's all about having a good time and enjoying the moment. "Tonight we don't think about tomorrow, we'll just take this one night at a time"
2. Bottle's Bottom
A very serious song that tackles his alcohol problems and depression. It tells you that at the bottle's bottom all the things you drink away still wait for you. "And at Bottle's Bottom, I'll find all the things I drank away." It's a very deep and sad emotional song. 
3. Iron will
vertiserum.proboards.com/post/155/thread
4. Beyond Memories
vertiserum.proboards.com/post/156/thread
5. Angry Memoirs
Without a doubt one of the angriest songs, as the title suggests. It's a high paced song that sounds rather aggressive but the lyrics are mostly composed of seemingly playful jabs. There have been fans arguing that the song is not as playful as it sounds, but the band has never released any official statements about the nature of the song. 
6. The Aftermath
Essentially an apology song to all the people hurt moments before starting their music career. It was the first song Gus wrote after being persuaded to take up music as a career, which was what he considered to be part of the aftermath. While he never references the exact events that the aftermath apologises for, it's obvious from the lyrics it's an apology for the pain he caused. "I hope perhaps, the Aftermath, has something good to bring. I hope perhaps, the Aftermath, will leave you songs to sing."
7. Phillipe
The lyrics read like a love song and at first people thought it was written for a lover of one of the bandmembers. The song speaks of support in hard times and how Phillipe has always been there when he needed a shoulder to cry on. Some people were surprised to find out the song was written for Gus'  pet.
8. Six Feet Underway
vertiserum.proboards.com/post/153/thread

** Original work by

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022 8:56:47 GMT by Deleted

I have nothing to say.

Deleted Avatar

Deleted
Deleted

Post by Deleted on Jan 16, 2022 8:32:36 GMT

Strings of Fame (September 2020)

1.Private Puppeteers
Private puppeteers is mostly about conflicts of interest between Candycure and various people in the business. With their rise to fame people wanted to fit them into a mould they didn't like and this is their way of fighting back. The song calls them out on their limitations of creative freedom and their attempts to use the band as their personal puppet to earn them money. "I see what you want, a puppet on your strings. You're nothing, puppeteer, I am the one who sings."
2. When Beauty Expires
This song speaks of what happens to (female) artists that get judged heavily on their appearance. It's an ode to woman in general, asking the people listening what they think is left when beauty expires in the refrain while the verses touch on the parts of (mostly women) people that remain after their beauty is gone. While certainly more political it was extremely well received due to the message it delivered.
3. Flash of Movement
A song about stalkers, pretty much. It's a flash of movement from the corner of one's eye. It's got a slightly creepy vibe to it, even in the music itself. It borrows some musical influence from horror shows and movies.
4. Dirt of the Grave
This song deals mostly with memories and missing somebody. While the name of the song returns nowhere in the lyrics the theme of missing is more universal than simply that which is tied to grief a few moments resonate most clearly with those that have lost a loved one. This is mostly because the song deals in absolutes with mentions of 'never seeing your face again' among other things. 
5. Song of Souls
vertiserum.proboards.com/post/151/thread
6. Party Nights, Bitter Days
Also referenced to at times by people as the unofficial hangover anthem. It playfully describes the endless cycle Gus finds himself in night after night, getting drunk and having a horrible hangover in the morning. "But as night time falls, oops, the glass dries up again." It's mostly about having a good time, even if you might regret it later. 
7. Strings of Fame
The entire song is mostly composed of complaints that people chase them for the money and the fame they've acquired and they're rather tired of never knowing who their friends are and who's just after the fame and fortune. It leans heavily on the flip side of fame and the negative experiences that come hand in hand with getting famous. 
8. Rosalie
vertiserum.proboards.com/post/154/thread
9. Leprechaun Gold (Vanished)
Pretty much the song for the one that got away. It's a very lyrical piece with pretty words but little substance. In interviews, they've often said that there was little substance in the relationship this mentions and Gus was the one that was like the song, pretty but at that time not filled with much substance. That is why, much like leprechaun gold, that relationship also vanished. It was designed more as playing with the idea of a love song, rather than actually making it a love song itself.

** Original work by

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022 8:49:58 GMT by Deleted